Sunday, March 15, 2009

Truth

What is truth anyways? How do we know exactly what or where truth comes from? I mean a person could tell you “the truth” but really feel and think something different. Personally the word, Truth scares me a bit. I have been a person who thought she could always seek truth, but to me it seems like is doesn’t exist sometimes. For example, Lonely girl 15. I searched her on Youtube to see what her blogs were all about. I thought she was real and just another face on Youtube. Then I read the article. It almost didn’t make sense and I didn’t believe it that it was all staged. It makes you think what else is fake out there doesn’t it? To think a male by the name of Mesh Flinders could be writing cheesy scripts on a girl’s life and her stresses and arguments in life, would be so real, and seem so truthful. At some points you thought you really could relate to it. It made me think what else is fake in the world. But in a sense, this guy found away to show his memoirs or ideas through another person’s eyes. He made up this character to unleash himself and his alter ego. So I guess in a sense, its like him directing a short film on things he’s thought up. But this is the part that confuses me. Can I actually call it truth because he does not live like that girl? Let alone he is writing the emotions of the opposite sex? ( He must be one emotional guy) As for John Glassco’s case, he was also someone who posed as someone else. But my understanding is that yes he had a different person, but he still lived his own thoughts and experiences. It was different to read about and kind of different to explain the difference. It made me think about people and alter egos. Maybe we do have the power to know what truth is and not even be able to live it.

McM

No comments:

Post a Comment